Translate

Friday, December 12, 2014

Found another story...

I am cleaning out some files and found this little story that I wrote a while back. I am not sure if I posted it here before but thought I would blog it anyway. I am getting ready to copy all these stories and eventually make a book for the family. I fear one day this website will disappear like so many other photo places that popped up over the Internet. I must copy soon.
I always am so grateful for the persistence I had to keep these stories.

Dad’s Diary…2009
November 14, 2009.
Dad was awake till 3am and finally dozed off. He was talking to himself the entire time. Then he finally fell asleep at about 4am and then he was up every hour on the hour. Then he went back to sleep about 6 and slept till about 10. I gave him his meds early so he could eat a good breakfast. I went to wake him as he was talking to himself for a long time before he would get out of bed. He was facing the south wall saying he wanted to lay on that shoulder. He finally did get up and we went to the bathroom and did the usual routine of washing face, getting dentures in and glasses on. Then we went to the table and he ate very good….eggs and eggnog French toast. He has gingerbread tea with French vanilla flavor packet.
He then went to the bathroom to poop and then to the living room to take a nap. He was hallucinating today seeing little people and this one particular little man. This went out throughout the day. I offered him something to drink every hour but by 3pm he was refusing. He told me a couple times he wanted to go home, a frequent demand. At 5pm, I took him outside as the weather was just great and we were watching the sunset starting. He saw little men in Army tanks and marching along in unison. He was constantly seeing something either in the tree or on the cement. We came in after about 30 minutes as he said he was getting cold.
He didn’t want dinner and refused to take his vitamins and said I couldn’t make him eat that stuff. I took it back out to the kitchen not saying anything. I came back in the living room and sat in the chair next to him and he was soon talking to himself. I soon found out that he was saying things like you can’t make me eat human flesh. I will NOT….he would start preaching of which I video taped. Then he would start singing which is on video tape.
For a couple hours he talked to himself with his eyes open not even looking at me directly or what was around him in the house.
{During that time for some reason that popped into my head, I asked him if he had been baptized and he told me yes…..it was at Crooked Creek in Cass County by Royal Center. 


No comments:

Post a Comment