Translate

Friday, June 11, 2010

Slow to Post...

Each day gets away from me more and more. I have so much to do but I am trying to at least post once a week for right now.
Dad continues to do so well. He has made some new friends at the Senior Center these last few months. He always has stories to tell each day....either of what someone did or what was going on with the meals they serve. He loves to go outside and sit in the sun at the center.
When he gets home he likes to sit in the kitchen and watch the nature show from the kitchen window. We have rabbits,possums, birds of all kinds, and squirrels to entertain us. We live in the city. I can only imagine what we would have if we were in the country. We have been getting yard care since we were having a serious weed problem and as the grass grows I have plans for some nature enticing devices. I want a fountain to lure the critters in. I don't plan on getting any more pets so the wild critters are our pets.
Dad and I have toyed with the idea of getting a dog.....we thought a Beagle would work....but I really don't want the care of any animal. I know the responsibility of being a responsible pet owner and thinking of taking care of a dog for the next 14 years does NOT appeal to me. I know it would be a great companion for Dad but I would be the caretaker and it's not going to be an option right now.
I took Dad to the Dr on Wednesday because of his rash and he got a steroid that has certainly cleared up the rash. The Dr always seems to have the knowledge to fix whatever is wrong. Dad is feeling much better and the itching has stopped with an occasional itch.

Now to the good part of this post.
Rod brought Dad home from the Center at 4pm. We had a good supper, so they both said and they got up and were going to the living room to watch some TV. BUT before Dad got to his chair, he said to me....Well, I found out I could do something that I haven't done in a very long time. With that being said he proceeded to dance a JIG! I kid you not...I mean he DANCED a JIG. My comment was that I had NEVER seen him DO THAT EVER! Rod was totally caught off guard and began to laugh and laugh and laugh. He couldn't stop and then that made Dad laugh. After Rod got his wind back he asked Dad where he got that AT and then he said if you got that at the Senior Center then we better check into what they are teaching over there. hahaha It was just too funny. Dad admitted he learned that at the Center. I told him he HAD to do that tomorrow when I had the camera out so I could post it here. So stand by for that!!!

1 comment: