Translate

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Chicken Pickens Brother...

Well, Dad should have been a comedian....don't think I haven't thought of putting him on the stage at the local Comedy Club open mic night!
Sometimes it's hard to write this stuff because if I had to repeat the details for EACH and everything that comes out of his mouth, there is no way I could do it because it makes NO sense, which is why it's so darn funny.
Right at this moment he is sitting across the living room from me talking up a storm about totally unrelated subjects and sentences that do not connect. He has taken off his socks and playing with his toes talking about Mexicans, some "doins" that's going on and he can't find the paperwork, spiders the size of his hands headed MY way across the floor AND the usual water runnin' all over the floor story.
Way too much information for me to keep up...
That's not why I am writing though....this was about last night. If you read the blog previous to this one then you will understand the rest of this post. IF you did not read it, I would suggest you do because this post will make NO sense to you if you don't.
{I am trying to concentrate and listen to Dad and I keep laughing.....he just said, "There he is pulling up to the dimer"....yes, I spelled that right....has no meaning....but then he goes on with, "There he is right now, pulled up to the side door....he is listening to your writing." "Rod has been marking off inches, look at the water run back."

It's easy to get sidetracked here.

So last night Corey and I brought home Chinese food.
You mention food to Dad and his eyes just pop nearly out of his head.
Rod helps him to the table and it begins.
Dad started talking nonsense and we all couldn't even keep food in our mouths.
But the BIG laugh came when Dad told me that I wasn't giving him the food that he wanted....his eyes got real big and he told me I was holding back the good stuff and not letting him have it. {not true, of course}
I told him I would give him more when he finished what he had.
Then he asked me the name of the chicken he was eating.
I told him it was Teriyaki Chicken.....and that opened the door.

Then Dad's eyes got real big and he blurted out, "I KNOW HIM." I looked at Dad still trying to recover from all the other stuff and I asked, "You know WHO?" Dad tried to repeat Teriyaki Chicken but wasn't very successful and I started to laugh so hard, Corey lost it and Rod couldn't talk. So I was laughing so hard I couldn't talk either but I managed to ask Dad if he was CHICKEN PICKENS BROTHER????

No comments:

Post a Comment