Translate

Friday, March 8, 2013

Odie is young again.....

My story telling days for Dad are over I am sad to report. At least the ones while he was alive...
Dad entered on the other side Tuesday, March 5th at 3:15pm.
I, alone, was by his side at the hospital holding his hand.
I will tell more of the story later....but...
When I saw the end was near I told him it was okay to leave us, we would be fine and carry on his lessons in life.
Five moments later, he took his last breath.
He was in no pain, and it was so peaceful, it gave ME peace.
I kissed him goodbye, told him I loved him very much several times before the last breath.
I asked him to forgive me for anything I ever did to make him unhappy.

I will miss him very much.
I am so grateful for the determination to write these stories for the younger generations in our family who are here and who are to come so they will get to know their Grandpa a little better when his name is mentioned.

I know my Dad will be greeted in Heaven. Of that I have no doubt.
He not only said he was a Christian, he lived it and set the example.
I am proud to say he was a good and patient Dad even when he shouldn't have been. My sister and I could surely put both our parents to the test at times.
I hope in my adult years I gave them a sense of peace and didn't worry them much at all. I cannot undo anything but I certainly tried to give them a peace to know that one day I will join them in heaven. In the end, that's all that matters.
He took that last ride to Heaven's Gates.
Rest in Peace, Dad....you deserve it.

No comments:

Post a Comment